The first announcement for this expansion was posted on Backerkit on June 14th, 2022. It will be crowdfunded exclusively through Backerkit starting October 18th.
The backerkit page was updated on September 22nd, 2022 to reveal that Nature Incarnate would include 8 Spirits, 20 Aspects, new Major Powers, and brand-new mechanics for players to use. The Power Card art for Wrack with Pain and Grief was also shown. For the Nature Incarnate backerkit campaign, foil Spirit Panels and new wooden token accessories will be available as add-ons.
The backerkit campaign revealed information on the new Incarna mechanic on October 18th.
The fundraising campaign ended on November 17th, 2022, with 11,501 backers.
The Expansion Content Includes:
- 8 new Spirits!
- 4 of these new Spirits include a new mechanic called Incarna!
- 34 Unique Powers!
- 20 new Aspects! (24 Aspect cards, including 2 Unique Aspect Power Cards)
- 7 Incarna Tokens: 4 for new Spirits, and 3 for Aspects of older Spirits!
- 1 new Adversary: Habsburg Mining Expedition!
- 2 new Scenarios!
- 13 new Major Powers!
- The 13th Major Power is a reprint of Draw Towards a Consuming Void.
- 1 new Minor Power (which replaces Growth Through Sacrifice)!
- 9 new Event Cards!
- 9 new Fear Cards!
- 8 new Blight Cards!
- 3 new Spirit-specific tokens!
- 4 Healing Cards for Wounded Waters Bleeding!
- 1 Endless Dark Tile for Breath of Darkness Down Your Spine!
- 6 Player-Aid Cards!
- 4 Reminder Cards!
- 4 Adversary Reminder Tokens!
Back of the Box
Since time untold, Spirits have existed on the Island. There are Spirits whose names are known by the local Dahan people - Spirits of growth and fire, of strength and river. But these are not the only Spirits... Legends whispered on the rarest of days tell stories of Spirits from the deepest, furthest reaches of the land. Powerful forces of nature that have not been witnessed in ages.
When white-sailed ships reach our coastal waters, when would-be colonizers step foot onto the unblighted shores, when they raise blade and plow to claim the land with greed and hunger, nature stirs. When Invaders strike out at the heart of the Island, they draw the attention of Spirits of myth and legend and face power unimaginable.
This time, they learn to fear Nature Incarnate.Nature Incarnate is an expansion to Spirit Island.
You must have the core game and the Jagged Earth expansion to play.