This expansion will be required for all expansions going forward. For more info, check out the Purchase Guide.
The first announcement for this expansion in October 2018 was posted on Kickstarter and showed off new content and mechanics: 8 Spirits, with another 2 as $75k and $250k stretch goals, 2 Adversaries, Isolation (a new mechanic), Badlands (a Spirit Token), 2 Island Boards, 3 Scenarios, Aspects for the 4 low complexity spirits from the Core Game, and more Power/Event/Fear Cards.
The Expansion Content Includes:
- 10 Spirits!
- 2 Adversaries!
- 3 Scenarios!
- 2 Island Boards: E and F!
- 23 Major Power and 33 Minor Power Cards!
- 30 Event Cards!
- 6 Fear Cards!
- 7 Blight Cards!
- 6 Aspects (a brand-new concept), each with its own unique Innate Power or Special Rule to change up one of the 4 Low-complexity base game Spirits!
- The four tokens from Branch and Claw: Beasts (), Wilds (), Disease (), and Strife ()!
- Badlands () tokens, a new way to fight invaders!
- More plastic, wooden, and cardboard game pieces to support playing with up to 6 players!
- New play options: Combining Adversaries, playing with an Archipelago (split island), and more!
This expansion's contents have an expansion symbol depending on how many new rules are required to interpret that particular game element.
- Adversary: The Habsburg Monarchy
- Blight Cards: All Things Weaken, Power Corrodes the Spirit, Untended Land Crumbles
- Scenarios: Elemental Invocation, The Great River
- Spirits: Fractured Days Split the Sky, Shifting Memory of Ages, Shroud of Silent Mist, Starlight Seeks its Form
- Aspects: Reach, Wind, Sunshine, Resilience
- Blight Cards: Invaders Find the Land to Their Liking, Strong Earth Shatters Slowly
- Island Boards: E, F
- Scenario: Despicable Theft
- Spirit: Stone’s Unyielding Defiance
- Adversary: The Tsardom of Russia
- Aspects: Madness, Pandemonium
- Blight Cards: Unnatural Proliferation, Thriving Communities (best played with Events; see p. 20)
- All Event Cards
- All Power Cards. Many new Power Cards use Beasts () / Disease () / Wilds () / Strife () tokens. Others do not, but the Power Cards are designed to be included as a set – if you pick-and-choose, it may throw off the elemental balance of the power decks, making some Spirits play better than others.
- All remaining Spirits
- The Major Power Card, , from Branch & Claw has been updated to resolve balance issues with Many Minds Move as One. If you own Branch & Claw, replace its copy of the Power Card with the one included here. If you do not own Branch & Claw, this Power should be omitted.