Horizons of Spirit Island
Jump to navigation Jump to search
THIS PAGE CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR HORIZONS OF SPIRIT ISLAND. THIS PRODUCT WILL BE TARGET-EXCLUSIVE UNTIL OCTOBER 2024.
Devouring Teeth Lurk Underfoot
Eyes Watch From the Trees
Rising Heat of Stone and Sand
Fathomless Mud of the Swamp
Horizons of Spirit Island, designed by R. Eric Reuss and Christopher Badell, and brought about by collaboration between Greater Than Games and Target, is the second standalone game for Spirit Island, meaning it is playable without the original base game. It has a focus on being an excellent entry point into the game with a low MSRP of $30 USD, as well as containing 5 Low-Complexity Spirits so that new players can quickly learn the rules of the game.
The announcement for Horizons of Spirit Island was posted on Greater Than Games's website on July 21st, 2022. The game was made available to purchase through Target in October 2022, and will remain exclusive to Target for two years from release.
On September 1st, Greater Than Games posted another announcement to say that Horizons of Spirit Island would be available worldwide at retail stores in winter (ambiguous whether it's late 2022 or early 2023), along with the Foil Spirit Panels, and the Deluxe Invader Board. Horizons of Spirit Island will remain exclusive to Target within the United States.
The Content Includes:
- 5 New Spirits, each with a new Power Progression card!
- The 22 Major Power Cards and 36 Minor Power Cards from the Base Game! (These Powers will have updated card text to match nomenclature from Jagged Earth.)
- The 15 Fear Cards from the Base Game!
- 3 New Presence Token Colors: Turquoise, Maroon, and Gold!
- The same Invader Deck from the Base Game, with a new design on the back of the cards!